Author Topic: Sunday 17 February 2019 Capt. Steve  (Read 314 times)

PeteAnkcorn

• Administrator
Sunday 17 February 2019 Capt. Steve
« on: 18 February 2019, 17:04 »
Six of us met in Earlswood but there might have been a seventh so we hung around for a while before setting off. By Ullenhall we were down to five who continued via Sambourne and Elcocks Brook to Broad Acres Fishery where we thought we might be joined by the seventh. Instead we enjoyed brunch with a large group from Stourbridge before continuing into the sou'wester visiting Hanbury, Oddingley and Tibberton before turning with the wind. Just before Himbleton I gave the group an option of another 5 miles or 5 minutes to the Bathams and surprising there was unanimous indecision so having casted the captain's deciding vote we were soon at the Galton Arms with 5 pints of Bathams. It was the right decision otherwise we'd have kept the seventh waiting because Dennis arrived soon after us. We then enjoyed a wind assisted blast back to the Coach (arriving only a few minutes later than expected despite all the waiting around for Dennis) where we were joined by another five, one of whom was the one of the original six who peeled off near Ullenhall. 59 miles and another 10 HoEs for company from time to time. Only one complaint about the route back to the Coach (from no 7) and and one (of two) that the ride was a bit slow. Hopefully, at the very least, I got all the numbers right but I'm mentally exhausted so offer no guarantees.