Author Topic: Visit to Purity Brewery .... ?  (Read 4215 times)

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
  • Cyclist! Cytech accredited bike mechanic
Visit to Purity Brewery .... ?
« on: 05 September 2015, 12:55 »
About 3 or 4 years ago we had an evening outing to Purity Brewery near Great Alne (at the top of the hill!) - tour of the brewery and some of the environmental stuff with water disposal, simple meal and copious amounts of beer ... and a beer glass to take home (and I think you can now buy beer to take away as well)

Paul, the boss, and Ian, the marketing chap - are both keen cyclists and thus likely to be generous with the beer dispensing ;)

Is there interest in doing it again?  We'd obviously need to book (it's 1930 - 2200)

PM me if you are up for it and I'll make some enquiries on dates

RobG
« Last Edit: 03 October 2015, 15:43 by Webmaster »
-----------------------------------------------------
Stuff at: www.beewee.org.uk  and www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
Re: Visit to Purity Brewery .... ?
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2015, 10:51 »
A few responses in the affirmative - suggestion is a Thursday evening in mid-late November 2015 - watch the Events calendar for a date ... and online booking/payment  (Bookings ONLY - we will have to confirm numbers)

AND the Weds run on 30 September 2015 passes through the Brewery near Great Alne - you can smell it!

Rob

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 October 2015, 15:46 »
Arranged for Thursday 19 November 2015 - details in the Events Listings - with online booking and payment open at the end of Monday 5 October 2015.  Numbers are limited - first-come, first served.

Rob

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2015, 08:27 »
... about half of the places have been taken as of today.

Rob

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2015, 09:25 »
Thurs 12 Nov 15 - last chance to book - we have to confirm numbers at the end of today.

RobG
« Last Edit: 14 November 2015, 11:01 by Webmaster »

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 20 November 2015, 08:57 »
Well - that was a good evening .... my wheeze of getting our host, John Conod, to drive me home (on his way home) was an excellent way to be able to consume more than the usual amount of the excellent beers - AND give me an excuse to ride my bike to Purity to collect my car (and purchase some beer)

The changes at the brewery since our last visit have been massive with an enormous new brewhouse - the growth of the business is a real success story.

I'm now waiting to see the photographs of Linda climbing the stairs on all fours* while Keith held her crutch .......

Rob

* if you are not aware, Linda broke her leg a couple of weeks ago and is in plaster ... hence her ascent of the stairs in the brewhouse.