Author Topic: Wednesday 21 March 2018 Capt Linda by Keith  (Read 311 times)

PeteAnkcorn

• Administrator
Wednesday 21 March 2018 Capt Linda by Keith
« on: 25 March 2018, 20:51 »
On a beautiful Spring morning, Captain Linda led us to the Snitterfield Arms on a route described earlier by Rob as “tortuous”, but which had its benefits for one rider. Nine set off and were delayed briefly by John’s puncture. Clive, as ever, was keen to help out. We ran parallel with the M40 to the South until turning towards Lye Green and late elevensies at Yarningale Common. There would have been mutterings if Nigel had been with us. The Common helpfully provided individual hitching posts/helmet stands/coffee tables. On to Preston Bagot and Wootton Wawen where one rider (OK, it was me) opted out of the ten mile anticlockwise circuit via Morton Bagot and Spernal for a coffee break at the Buttercup Tea Rooms. An enlarged breakaway group was only just averted by the thought of Linda’s displeasure. (In my defence, I wasn’t sure I was up to the rigours of the full ride following my accident.) The tea room provided an appropriate tablecloth and also an excellent carrot cake. On to Snitterfield via Wilmcote where Stratford Bob left us, Kelvin having disappeared at an earlier unnoticed (by me) point. Arriving for lunch a bit late (the puncture) meant that the ex-Easy Riders were there before us, so a bit of a delay before some excellent food arrived. Back via Norton Lindsey and Haseley as individuals began to drop off for their own route home. 45 miles for me.