Author Topic: HoECC jerseys or gilets  (Read 3050 times)

Webmaster

• Administrator
HoECC jerseys or gilets
« on: 02 December 2015, 18:10 »
See also the Polls section at the bottom of the Forum (you'll need to be logged in) to have your say.

The committee would like to gauge the interest from members for EITHER a short-sleeved summer weight cycling jersey (exactly the same quality as the CTC HoE s/s jerseys) OR a lightweight windproof gilet.  Cost for either would be around £35.

A VERY INDICATIVE idea for a possible design in green with silver grey - deliberately simple (the image is for the gilet, a jersey would be similar)
IF there is sufficient interest we would require firm orders before placing an order for manufacture in mid-February, with a likely delivery date in early April 2016.
Please let us have your view via the Polls section of the website - there is no commitment at this stage.  We would have size samples to try before ordering and RobG has an example of the gilet (made as a sample for MacRide Events)
« Last Edit: 02 December 2015, 19:37 by Webmaster »

Re: HoECC jerseys or gilets
« Reply #1 on: 03 December 2015, 07:34 »
We can't vote for both?? :(

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 03 December 2015, 08:11 »
We can't vote for both?? :(

No! - given the relatively low number of HoECC members (at the moment!) it's not viable to consider both from a financial/stock perspective - at the moment it's not prudent to invest in speculative stock. 

To get to that price point on EITHER garment we need a quantity of firm orders.

IF we go ahead with one sort then we'd doubtless look again at the other garment in the future.

Rob

« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2016, 14:25 »
I'd be interested in a short sleeve one. Yellow is not really my colour.

Webmaster

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 10 December 2016, 14:32 »
I'd be interested in a short sleeve one. Yellow is not really my colour.

Ah, we went with the gilets as being more flexible . . . IF we ever did jerseys they would be in the same style as the gilet (i.e. green) . . . . but that's likely to be a very distance IF!

Rob

« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2017, 11:08 »
The zip on my gilet failed after a few months, the insert pin became detached from the rest of the zip making it difficult to insert. Initially I bodged a repair using superglue and when that failed by melting it back together with a hot pin. Eventually that repair also failed and the insert pin broke off altogether rendering the garment unusable.

I contacted Owayo asking if they offered a zip replacement service and they asked for a photo. Even though the photo showed signs of my failed repair they agreed to send me a replacement FOC. This has now arrived and they've clearly made one up specially as there's a very minor difference to the original, unfortunately it's the same zip though.

So, great customer service from Owayo. If anyone else has a similar problem I'd recommend taking a photo straight away and contacting Owayo rather than attempting a repair.

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
  • Cyclist! Cytech accredited bike mechanic
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2017, 16:43 »
The zip on my gilet failed after a few months, the insert pin became detached from the rest of the zip making it difficult to insert. Initially I bodged a repair using superglue and when that failed by melting it back together with a hot pin. Eventually that repair also failed and the insert pin broke off altogether rendering the garment unusable.

I contacted Owayo asking if they offered a zip replacement service and they asked for a photo. Even though the photo showed signs of my failed repair they agreed to send me a replacement FOC. This has now arrived and they've clearly made one up specially as there's a very minor difference to the original, unfortunately it's the same zip though.

So, great customer service from Owayo. If anyone else has a similar problem I'd recommend taking a photo straight away and contacting Owayo rather than attempting a repair.

That's excellent news .... but did the pork pie consumption have any effect stressing the zip????

Have to say I've been very impressed with owayo (with one exception*) over the years - when I was organising the MacRide Events we ordered around 2,000 jerseys, and the purchasers loved them.

* the exception is their shorts - I ordered 3 pairs in a bespoke design for me (shortly after my major illness - don't ask!) and they were really disappointing, very thin material and a pretty basic pad.  I now pretty much only wear them under tights in the winter.

Rob
-----------------------------------------------------
Stuff at: www.beewee.org.uk  and www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk