Author Topic: Sunday 18th December - Swan Inn  (Read 1080 times)

Sunday 18th December - Swan Inn
« on: 11 November 2016, 18:59 »
Beacon RCC have confirmed arrangements with the Swan Inn, Chaddesley Corbett for the traditional pre-Christmas gathering of local cycling clubs on Sunday 18th December, from opening time onwards. I'll take a gentle ride of a little over 20 miles to the event departing the Red Lion, Earlswood at 10:00.

Last year was our first time at the Swan and it proved to be an excellent venue. There was a great atmosphere and the pub offered simple, affordable but substantial food such as sandwiches or pork pie & chips. The ale was top notch too as one would expect from a Bathams pub.

People are free to make their own way home or wait for me. It'll almost certainly be starting to get dark by the time I leave so lights will be necessary and probably recommended whatever your prior intentions.
« Last Edit: 17 December 2016, 22:40 by SteveSmith »

Re: Sunday 18th December - Swan Inn
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2016, 22:47 »
Apologies, I was forgetting that times quoted are now departure not meeting so we'll leave the Red Lion at 10:00 (or a little afterwards) not 10:15 as originally stated. Hopefully that won't result in us leaving anyone behind but I'll check what people think in the morning.