Author Topic: 30th September - Offenham  (Read 910 times)

DennisSnape

• Administrator
30th September - Offenham
« on: 30 September 2015, 21:44 »
Today sixteen riders assembled at the Red Lion Earlswood for our all day Wednesday run, this time to The Fish and Anchor at Offenham. On a glorious, sunny, late September day, most were in shorts again as temperatures were set to rise in the afternoon to 18 degrees. After a short ride briefing from Captain Rob G we set off across the causeway of Earlswood Lakes and on to Tanworth in Arden. At Shelfield we turned right and stopped outside the Purity Brewery for our roadside 11’s. Here Rob told everyone about the planned tour around the Brewery in November or December. Keep an eye on the website for further details.  We then headed off to Alcester and a supposedly quick stop (see my other post) at the public toilets. On to Wixford, over the Avon at Bidford we went. The short climb at Cleeve Prior giving me the opportunity to take some photos. We arrived in Offenham a bit earlier than normal (12.15) and were away from The Fish and Anchor by 13.40, all having been fed and watered. Shortly after lunch the bunch split into several smaller groups, each heading towards their respective local areas. I decided to put a bit of a loop in as it was such a nice day, getting sixty seven miles in for the day and still getting home just after four o’clock.
Photos are on our Facebook Group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoECC/
« Last Edit: 01 October 2015, 09:17 by Webmaster »
Dennis