Author Topic: Ride on 2 Sept ... a Ti outing  (Read 1986 times)

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
  • Cyclist! Cytech accredited bike mechanic
Ride on 2 Sept ... a Ti outing
« on: 02 September 2015, 20:58 »
The ride today comprised 14 members - with 5, yes 5 riding Titanium machines ... 2 x Van Nicholas Yukon, 1 x Van Nicholas Ventus, 1 x Lynskey and 1 x (probably, it's unbadged) Airborne.

Is this the way forward .... has plastic, sorry carbon-fibre, had its day?

Rob
-----------------------------------------------------
Stuff at: www.beewee.org.uk  and www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk

Re: Ride on 2 Sept ... a Ti outing
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2015, 15:53 »
Hi Rob!
I was on that ride and also on a Ti.  Don't know if you counted me as the 'unbadged' or not.  My Ti is not unbadged although it does have very discrete sandblasted badging.  In fact, it is an Esprit by Enigma just for the record!  Bought the frame about 3 years ago and built is up myself.
Cheers
Dale

Rob Gullen

• Administrator
  • Cyclist! Cytech accredited bike mechanic
« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2015, 20:35 »
Ah - that makes another one - the "unbadged" that I referred to was Jenni's  [She has 3 Ti bikes!]

... Ti is obviously the frame material of choice - I rode part of the ride that the Stourbug group did on Sunday 11 Oct and of the nine riders from Stourbug, seven were on Ti machines (and one of the chaps was riding his carbon machine as a change from his Ti)

I've mostly been riding my Van Nicholas Ventus, I must give the Yukon a bit of use  :)

Rob
-----------------------------------------------------
Stuff at: www.beewee.org.uk  and www.cycle-endtoend.org.uk

« Reply #3 on: 15 October 2015, 07:36 »
Hi Rob
Loads of Ti on yesterdays (14 Oct) Wednesday ride but I did not get a count.
Oh, and Jenny says that she actually has 4 Ti bikes not 3!  I think that she deservers the crown as the Ti Queen!  ;)
Cheers
Dale